We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer will not leave computer!!

TN

Likes # 0

About two months ago I replaced my Epson SX440 with a new Epson printer. However I have been trying since then to get rid of the old printer from my computer. I have removed it from the Printers and Devices but when I log in again to P&D there it is! I went to Print Management a few times and deleted it there with the same story - still there next time I checked. Last week I went once more to print Management and selected Delete - this time it is showing 'Deleting - Off line and has been showing this for 5 days with no progress. Please can someone show me a way to get this printer to leave home! I would be very grateful.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You need to remove all the old Epson printer software otherwise it will reappear every time you boot up.

Removing the old may also mean removing the new

so probably best to remove (Add Remove in Control panel) all Epson software, reboot the machine and make sure its gone then reinstall your new printers software.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Agree with Fruit Bat, you could also try to use Revo Uninstaller if the item returns.

You can get Revo from http://www.majorgeeks.com but be careful how you use this product if you are not sure how to use it.

Like this post
TN

Likes # 0

Many thanks to both of you for prompt replies! Tried fruit Bat's first and .... success. That did the trick! I know it was a very minor niggle, but it was annoying me! Again thanks to both of you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...