We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC not coming on please help!

Carl1990

Likes # 0

Hello everyone, I need help (obviously) my PC has an issue and I'm not sure what is going on I am going to try describe what happens as best as I can...

Basically I make YouTube videos and the problem seems to occur when I turn the system off after rendering a video, I have discovered.

So after doing the above when I next come to turn the system on all I get is the insides lighting up (RAM) etc. The light on the front (mine is red) I'm guessing it's the 'activity' light does not come on when the system decides its not going to work, even the fan's won't spin up there are a few noises inside the case but no activity.

I have tried booting the PC with only one stick of RAM, removing and re-seating the PSU cables and that's about all I have tried. Most of the time the only way to solve the problem is to turn the system off at the PSU for about a day so there is no power going through the system at all, then turn it on the following day for it to then work.

If you made it to the end of this essay then first of all congratulations, and thank you for taking the time to read about my issue any help, or solutions would be greatly appreciated thank you once again!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The lack of detail makes it very difficult to help you.

A component list would be a good start, Motherboard (make/model) RAM (what type and how much),CPU (speaks for itself) and PSU (the wattage) to begin with and adding your operating system for good measure.

Now finding the above info will not be obvious but if you use SIW and scroll down to the home edition. Install it then run it and when it opens on the left hand side midway down will be a list of categories, clicking on each one will put up a fair bit of information on the right hand side. The top of this is where the info on make/model will be shown.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'd say the first thing to try is another PSU

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Agree, try another PSU first.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'