We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver issues after fresh Win7 install on new SSD

Incus

Likes # 0

Ok here goes. I go a new SSD to add to my custom build. I connected it up in a Sata2 slot to format it to NTFS. I then shut down and reconnected it in a Sata3. (In place of my 1TSata HD) I then installed a clean windows 7 64bit installation. After full install I plugged in my internet connection but not joy. So I installed all the drivers for my Gigabyte mobo. Still no joy.

So I went to device manager and Ethernet connection was showing up under Other with a yellow triangle say no drivers. I tried updating from there. No Joy.

I then installed the Intel chip set utility and it cleared a few other outstanding problems like SM Bus Controller. and PCI controller.

I then searched for what lan card I had and it is a realtek pcie gbe family controller. I found the drivers for that and it read it as the device. But every time I try to install the drivers they fail.

I then thought maybe its a hardware fault. I shut down and reconnected my 1T HD. Set that to priority drive and booted up. Everything runs fine. I have a LAN connection so I know its not hardware.

I have also tried to install my sound card drivers but they are also failing on the SSD drive.

Any idea on where to go from here.

SPECS: GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH INTEL I7-3770K GEFORE GTX 680 SAMSUNG SSD 230G PEALTEK PCIe GBE FAMILEY CONTROLLER

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It has nothing to do with the SSD, though I am a tad baffled as to what is the problem, all my PC have a SSD as a boot drive and I have never had a problem.

Though Windows 7 does install some drivers some are generic and it is always best to use the specific drivers that came with your motherboard.

After installing the fresh copy of Windows your next step should have been to insert the mobo driver disk and let it do it's thing.

Then update windows and install your programs.

I would, probably start again, format the SSD reinstall Windows then use the driver disk.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July