We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CQ60-214EM lost camera & no autoplay

claridge

Likes # 0

First I 'lost' the installed camera (webcam), now autoplay will not autoplay, have carried out exhaustive problem solving via HP, Microsoft, following registry solutions and even got to stage whereby I tried to take it back to factory settings, but.....as autoplay will not even play ball with these discs, am unable to do so...

I use a usb stick so all my docs, pics etc are safe!

Help please.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Autoplay will not work with what? USB, CD's or just the software for the camera?

If the latter right click on the drive and click on open.

Like this post
claridge

Likes # 0

Autoplay will not work with the HP Driver recovery CD or with System Recovery DVDs'.

If I insert a cd with pics or music I don't need autoplay as i can explore and see/hear whatever i want on those discs.

With the HP discs I need them to autoplay.

No probs with USB stick.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Put the disc in the drive and right click on the drive and choose open or explore.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback