We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer notebook Hard Disk Broken

Farleyjim

Likes # 0

My notebook stopped working and now when I turn on I get the following message: "Check cable connection! PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key" This machine is an Acer Aspire One 722. Any idea what I do next, please?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

It would be worth removing the hard drive then reinserting it in case the connections are making a poor contact.

Like this post
Farleyjim

Likes # 0

Thanks, Onthelimit1 but I have done that a couple of times with no change.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Certainly sounds as if your hard drive has failed as is not being detected by the BIOS.

Try entering the BIOS and see if you can get it to search for a HDD.

If still not finding it then can you attach the drive to another PC and see if that will detect it?

If it can't be seen by another machine then definite HDD failure and a new drive will be required.

What operating system? if W7 then you can download an iso file and install from that using the product key on the sticker on the note book.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...