We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I save web cam videos

steve263000

Likes # 0

I have purchased the LifeCam HD-3000 for my computer. It is enough for my basic needs. It has been set up and seems to work fine, but I cannot find how to save the photos and videos that I want to take with it. I have downloaded the special effects package, and that is pretty pointless, thinking that there would be somewhere to save with that.

I have been onto the Microsoft site, but could not find any help there either.

Has anyone got one of these cameras and how do I save?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try using Windows Movie Maker and capture videos using that.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Live Photo Gallery for stills.

Like this post
steve263000

Likes # 0

I cannot find the photo/video to save or work with, When you create a video or photo with the Web cam nothing seems to happen. That is it, the video is there but you can do nothing with it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Before you record open Windows Movie Maker then you should see on the home tab webcam video click on that and then set it up and record. I haven't your webcam but this procedure works with mine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more