We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound coming from only two front speakers

exdragon

Likes # 0

Hi - since I had Win 7 reinstalled, I've realised that, when playing music, I only get sound from the two front speakers. I checked Control Panel/Sound and noticed that Realtek (which I had previously) appeared to be missing, so I downloaded it.

I've checked the Configure settings, and when testing all the speakers, the sound is ok for all five, so I'm not sure what to do next - can anyone help, please?

Thanks.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Under configuration have you checked that it's set to 5.1 instead of just stereo?

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

hiwatt - yes, and all five speakers test ok for sound.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Aanybody else got any ideas, please?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Most music is played in stereo and will only use the two front speakers.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Did you install the motherboard drivers after installing Windows 7. Even though 7 does come with drivers a lot of them are generic and you should always use the driver disk that would have come with your mobo or download any missing drivers from the mobo manufacturers website.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

BRYNIT - it always used to come out of all five.

Chronos the 2nd - the reinstallation was done for me, but I'll get the chap who did it to check for me. That's a good idea, so thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen