We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.exe file to DVD to play on TV

tonyq

Likes # 0

I have made a slideshow using FastStone Image viewer.The finished file as been saved as a .exe file. Is it possible to burn this to a DVD so as to be able to view the slideshow on TV and a PC.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I don't think there's any way of executing a program file on a TV...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You would have to play the slideshow in FastStone Image viewer on your pc and use the tv as a monitor.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

thank you for confirming what I thought. I had made a slideshow using Windows Live Movie Maker,then burnt it to DVD, and was not impressed with output when I played the DVD. Although the slideshow looked quite good before the burning to dvd. The slideshow using FSV looked even better so was hoping to be able to burn that to dvd to compare. Thank you for your help.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you save the video as high definition?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Woolwell

don't think so, but not sure. How do you save the video as high definition?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There should be several options when you save (not burn) and one should be high definition. You can then burn the saved file.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Woolwell, should I burn from within WLMM ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I rarely use WLMM preferring Serif MoviePlus. I think that you need advice from others.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

By coincidence I downloaded/installed Serif MoviePlusX5 last evening from,

http://www.serif.com/sale/?mc=SEMTWBt100

which is on offer for £10 for a period of 10 days. I have only had a quick play with it,but couldn't find out how to place a transition to all of the slides at one go,and ended up placing them one by one, when I get time will have another go.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

X6 is the latest version. The same principle should apply. Insert the transition to the first slide and then in its properties click on apply to all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...