We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Glary Utilities File shredder Track erases

1st spring

Likes # 0

Keeping PC clean. Wanting more space, speed and privacy. Using Glary Utilities I would like to erase tracks, of what ever I have been doing on the PC, Keep it private and have as much space as poss but not sure what to put a tick in. If I put a tick in Recent document would this delete my documents? Such things as the web sites I visit, the files I view. i.e my pictures?) I would like to keep private. I can see options, or select options but do not know what to do or select. I put a tick in some of them and I could see emails I have sent in the past, I think thats what they were. File shredder, Track eraser, any advise would help please.

Like this post
AdinP

Likes # 0

OK, a Track Eraser is a tool that erases history tracks - list of websites you visit, cookies, list of your recently accessed documents and so on. It doesn't delete the actual files, just the listings. As for a File Shredder, you should use it only when you need to delete a file that contains your details (like an old bank statement). A File Shredder will delete the actual file in such a way that it will be impossible to recover. I've never used the one that's part of Glary Utilities, but I'm using Easy File Shredder on a regular basis.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Bad site from Adnip.

Click Here

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Thank you for the info. I have back dated the PC. But it is too late I guess to do anything about what I have shredded. I think I had a tick in everything and shredded. But so far the PC is working fine, it did slow down, after backdating is working better. I only look at my pictures and browse the web so maybe I will never know if I have done any harm but I will never shred again. I do not do any banking or look at any thing wrong. Thank you very much for your reply.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Which is a bad site Easy file or Glary?

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I see you mean Easy file. No reply need. Thank you

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

SPAM from johnwebsoft (advert for a program to buy)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers