We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wifi on Orange wireless router issue.

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I am using a Siemens wireless router but using a wired connection to my desktop pc.

I also have a mobile device & want to use the Wifi from the router to feed the device.

1. When i type http://192.168.1.1 into my browser, it brings up the option to enter the password to access the admin area. How can i retrieve this?

Is this the password that i enter on my mobile device's wifi to be able to use the router wifi?

Thanks

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

forgot to say, i have forgotten the password!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

No it's just the router homepage password: Enter the password admin and click OK

But you don't need to go into your router's homepage unless you are wanting to change some of the routers settings.

If all you want is to connect a WiFi device then on your Device, search for available networks, find your router from the list and click on connect and enter the WiFi password that is on the label (network name is also on same label) on the back or underneath your router.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

On the back i have 'Product name' & 'Security code'. Is it the security code? a 14 digit number containing letters & numbers?

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Yep, thanks sorted! Will this be a much faster connection than using my normal connection on device?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I don't know because I don't know what your normal connection on device is and I don't know what speed either connection is so I can't compare them. I suggest you do a speed test on http://www.speedtest.net/ to find out.

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

ok, here is my screenshot of the test! http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t624/gazmix/screen_zpsbf1ff015.png

also phone telling me i need flash player by java but it says it isn't available for my phone, is there an alternative to Adobe?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Your speedtest screenshot shows you are getting a download speed of 2.71 Mbps on Orange Home UK (ISP)

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about java for phones :(

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

sorry, i thought you were going to tell me if the wifi on the mobile would be faster than my ordinary internet connection on the device.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I will if you tell me what the other download figure is. Need two figures in order to see which has the highest download speed.

Anyway, do speed test with the other connection and then see which has highest download speed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features