We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nexus 7 email problem

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone with the N7 had this problem: Recently it has decided not to connect to my Tiscali and Talktalk server unless I reboot. Then after a while the connection fails again. All settings are correct and no problems with the internet. Good strong WiFi. I don't normally switch it off so it is a bit of a nuisance. Have posted on the Android N7 forum, but no takers so far. TT is fine on the desk top so not a server problem. Thanks.

Thanks.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Well I found a not too recent web posting on the web where the poster was having same problem with a Samsung. Apparently the outgoing port should be 25. Mine has always been set to 587 as per TT info. That has cured the problem, but for some reason when I go to settings it has reverted to 587 so has to be reset. No way to save the setting. Will go back to the Android forum and check.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

I've always found (using the stock email app with all email accounts set up as IMAP) that when I first go to the inbox (or any other folder for that matter), if the folder was previously empty (when I left it last time) and is still empty, "Checking for messages" (with the rotating roundel) stays stuck on the screen. If I flip to another folder and then back to the original one it clears correctly.

I reported this to Google months ago, but it seems they are not interested.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Interesting. Strangely after removing the account and re-creating it about 20 thimes using port 25 it set up and d/loaded mesages. Haven't checked for the last 2 hours, so may have crashed again. 587 is the out for Talktalk.net and 25 for Tiscali.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Been running Ok since last post.

Resolving.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK