We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Delta toolbar infection

Blubottle

Likes # 0

Hi, I have got the dreaded Delta toolbar infection and to date what ever I have tried has not worked,Spyhunter detects it along with a collection of other pests but after the scan it asks for about £20 for the licence to activate the removal tool.Is there another way ? regards

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Free removal instructions http://malwaretips.com/blogs/delta-toolbar-virus/

In step 3 the free registry cleaner, ADWCLEANER, I'm not familiar with, I would suggest using free CCleaner which a lot on here use.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or have a look through here.

Click here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Its not an infection

you get it because it often comes packaged with something else you have downloaded e.g. Freemake Video

Never use Express install when downloading something as this will automatically install this type of unwanted software.

Always use custom install and you can untick the option to install this software.

Like this post
Delta_Search

Likes # 0

I am from Delta Search Support Department. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the removal of Delta Search, but I can assure you that it is not an infection. I can help you take care of it right away. Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you the removal instructions.

Like this post
Blubottle

Likes # 0

Hi delta search, Thanks for the removal instruction's they seem to have worked, you say it is not an infection if so why was it coupled with a browser jamming program for want of a better description, this would not let me remove it via the normal uninstall process from control panel.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Blubottle

Can you pass on the the removal instructions which will help others with the same problem.

Or maybe Delta_Search will be good enough to pass them on but I will not hold my breath.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

A forum is where information should be shared with all, not passed privately via email.

It would seem that 'Delta_Search' is not 'forum friendly'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......