We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablet ICS4 freqent brrowser freezing not responding message

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Whilst browsing with Firefox the browser will freqhently not scroll ans a no responding -wait or close messaage comes up.So what sort of problem do I have?Broser/Wireless/network[ I an 0n Infinty typically 20 mbs[upto 40]

Strangly when on utube or iPlayer it is vwey smooth play music or movie though Demand 5 is not so good. Any thoughts---alternative browser perhaps maybe?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I would suspect its a browser problem and would uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of Firefox

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you FB

did that seems a tad better but will still occur will scroll nicely, and plug in kayboad works better.

Now however 07.20 download seems very slow ,it being a toss up I guess between the wireless link tablet to riuter and actual fibre service. j

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

On advice installed an Android browser Lightning.

Not much better,so blamed my self for buying a cheap tablet.

But not so it seems- having got in a pickle this morning with a post to this forun resulting in a multiple post- I discussed the situation over lunch with a lady who owns a ' high end' tablet.

She has exactly the same issue- with Firefox and lightning.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia