We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP G62-105SA Devices and Printers from Control Panel

electron278ts

Likes # 0

I have been having a few problems with my HP G62-105SA. I appeared to have it working OK after a windows reload. However on trying to access Devices and Printers from Control Panel it will not open. The loading bar at the top of Control Panel starts to go green but slows down and Devices and Printers never opens. Any ideas welcome

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

when you say 'reloaded' do you mean that that the drive was formatted or that you did a 'repair' install?

If you used the partition to restore to factory settings try burning the discs (4 DVDs usually) and start again booting from the first disc.

Otherwise try this, open CMD and type sfc/scannow. Run it a few times as it might not be able to correct all the system files errors at a first run.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

Don't forget there's a space between sfc and /scannow = sfc /scannow.

Like this post
electron278ts

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13 and michaelw.

First I used the recovery disks from HP.This reformats the drive then installs what they call " As supplied " I have followed this procedure a couple of times before without problems.

I did as sugested using sfc /scannow and the first time it said found damaged files and repaired. Ran it twice more and it found no problems. It did not solve my problem however.I will probably end up starting again. Thanks for your ideas.

Trevor

Like this post
electron278ts

Likes # 0

Anyone who is interested. Solved the problem by removing a USB external hard drive. So problem solved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September