We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying a new laptop, need advice? (gaming/usual use)

Emily89

Likes # 0

Hi all, I'll be purchasing a new laptop asap primarily for using spreadsheets and word at work. But i also travel to meetings for work very often and stay overnight in hotels alone, so would love to finally have a laptop which has the ability to play games, on high settings. I'll probably only be playing games like sim city and sims 3. I would love to be able to play games like battlefield etc but not sure i could afford. I have around £600 spare at the moment but probably could increase to 900 if needed. Will i be able to buy a laptop in my price range? for what i needed. If so, is there a particular brand thats better? etc.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have a look at Novatech.

A good choice, excellent and well known firm with great after-sales service. Also guaranteed no Bloatware, just your chosen OS. You should find something suitable in your price-range.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Forgot to add, look for one with at least an i5 Processor - there are several.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

This one would probably suit you ..

enter link description here

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - Where it says 'No Operating System installed', click on the black down-arrow to choose your OS, you will see the price change automatically.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

My son recently bought a sony laptop for gaming and its played all sorts of games,league of legends,battlefield2,tomb raider,all on medium setings and it works a treat,lovely laptop,he wanted the 17" screen version but we had to settle for the 15.5" http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/sony-vaio-e-series-sve1712q1ew-cek-17-3-laptop-white-17056566-pdt.html

Like this post
PlanetMyHero

Likes # 0

1) check top 10 best laptop brands from: http://thebestlaptopbrands.com/ 2) choose your favorite laptop brand and go to amazon or newegg

My suggestion based on your budget: Lenovo Y500 or Toshiba Satelite, btw Alienware is great though they are expensive, a litle waste of money

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers