We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak All in One Printer 5300

antsypantsy

Likes # 0

I have a Kodak printer as above which will not print/copy text in black. I have changed the print cartridges three time without success. Printing in colour in ok and if I change the colour of the text that prints ok too. The machine has been calibrated as per instructions, the print head has been cleaned using the on-board options but no joy. Surely all three replacement cartridges can't be duff!! Is it time to relegate the printer to printer heaven?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

antsypantsy - Possibly the best move, but I would suggest that you check out print cartridge costs and reviews before going ahead with any purchases. Printers are very cheap nowadays, and people can get fooled by the low prices on certain brands and models.

For instance, I can pick up Ricoh black white laser printers for £26.00 including toner and free delivery. The only problem is the later needed toner, which carries a very high price for replacement. Crazy as it sounds, but it would be far far cheaper to buy 6 or more lasers on that offer, than buying 6 or more toner cartridges and only one printer?.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

If it is less than 12 months old ring Kodak's help line in South Africa. Free number. They will send you a replacement free of charge within 5 days. I had the same problem as have plenty of other people.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'