We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak All in One Printer 5300

antsypantsy

Likes # 0

I have a Kodak printer as above which will not print/copy text in black. I have changed the print cartridges three time without success. Printing in colour in ok and if I change the colour of the text that prints ok too. The machine has been calibrated as per instructions, the print head has been cleaned using the on-board options but no joy. Surely all three replacement cartridges can't be duff!! Is it time to relegate the printer to printer heaven?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Considering that Kodak are no longer making printers (and that includes some rebadged Dell printers) , then it might be time to work out alternative options, because when a problem occurs it can be an issue of no longer being cost effective.

You appear to have attempted the usual suggestions without success. What cartridges are you using, are they Kodak originals or compatibles that you have never tested before. Perhaps http://www.fixyourownprinter.com might help?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - Are you sure that they are no longer making printers? They are still on sale. They don't make cameras now.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does the diagnostic sheet print in black? Menu - Print Diagnostics.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

A similar thread re Kodak.

Other Kodak thread

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The Kodak support site suggests a deep clean and if that does not work a replacement print head.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - Disregard my comment about not making printers. I have discovered that have indeed stopped making them but continuing to sell existing stock. They state that they will continue to provide ink, etc.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I understand that they are still available to the end of 2013, when present manufactured stocks are completed. Ink and possible support might continue for longer. I was being offered 're-badged' Kodak printers recently, with very large discounts for bulk purchases.

PC Advisor's own 28 Sep 2012 article http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/printing/3401145/kodak-stop-making-selling-printers/

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Woolwell - the wonders of the internet - cross postings ;o)

Like this post
antsypantsy

Likes # 0

I am using Kodak cartridges - the only thing I did see on the Kodak web site is the necessity to keep the printer switched on even when not in use? Perhaps it is time for printer heaven after all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...