We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bitfenix Prodigy mod.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

My latest project. Bitfenix Prodigy.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I like that.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Where's the hamster?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , I like it too. A great hobby and the satisfaction it brings when completed must rate high in the 'good feel' factor. Akin to a model builder I think. Excellent Chronos the 2nd.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It started off as a quick respray but as mentioned has taken on a life off it's own. I keep changing my mind how I want it to look or how to do things so apart from taking longer than I thought it has also been a steep learning curve.

During the night I decided to spray the PSU white so this morning I have stripped it down and later I will sand and prime.

Initially I was sleeving the cables with white braiding but have switched to white spiral which is easier to fit and looks good so will need to redo the cables already sleeved.

Also have changed my mind about the front fans, instead of two 120mm, which for the life of me I cannot figure out how to install correctly as screw holes certainly do not line up, instead I am going to use 1 x 200mm Coolermaster Mega flow.

Thanks lotvic & rdave. I appreciate that PCA is not really the forum for this type thing.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Added an update to original thread/link.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

How's it going Kronos?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Still tearing my hair out with the sleeving of the PSU. I may well start again but this time use white spiral with a new 24 ATX connector + the pins and a crimping tool and get the job done right. Which I should have done in the first place.

I have given the PSU case, SSD drive tray and HHD trays a first coat of paint and will finish those tomorrow. We are having such poor weather up here in Scotland, cold wet windy that I am having to paint in doors which is a bit smelly.

But I am in no hurry.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

PSU casing and SSD/HDD trays painted. Crucial Ballistix RAM with red LED's arrived last week. Thanks to Crucial customer service for tracking the 2 x 2GB modules I wanted down and sending them free special delivery.

Just need to thoroughly test the PSU as I have shortened all the cables before, hopefully, build the completed PC next week.

Prodigy Mod.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Camera not too bad. Your front panel has audio and USB? Any other port?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Your front panel has audio and USB? Any other port?

Nope and only one of the USB ports work. But it is a known problem and a free new one is winging it's way from the far east, from BitFenix, as we speak.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...