We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP iPAQ rz1710 software and active sync

Piggles

Likes # 0

I have an elderly HP iPAQ rz1710 which was originally purchased to run TomTom satnav amongst other things.

I recently decided I would like to resurrect it after many years of neglect but alas my Windows 7 does not recognise it and there does not seem to be an active sync which is compatible with both the iPAQ rz1710 and Windows 7.

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to run and link and synchronise the iPAQ rz1710 with Windows 7 and if so how I do it.

It was an extremely expensice commodity at the time of purchase and it would be nice to make use of it again. I would just like to use it as a Pocket PC and would not be using TomTom.

Can anyone please help.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suspect that it may not be compatible. Active sync went with XP and is replaced with Windows Mobile Device Centre MS Download.

Like this post
Piggles

Likes # 0

Thanks for you response Woolwell - that download states " The Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is only supported on Windows Vista." - not Windows 7.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry I was thinking Vista which was when I last tried to get an old pda to work.

Like this post
Piggles

Likes # 0

After "chatting" on-line for over an hour with HP support I was advised that the iPAQ rz1710 is not compatible with Windows 7!

Like this post
Piggles

Likes # 0

It does not seem to work with Vista either

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/50159-36-sync-ipaq-windows

changing to 'USB Serial Sync Mode' if you have it on your model.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015