We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing Text with picture, need help asap

PrimalWolfie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello all.

I have a kodak esp 3.2s. I am using Open Office Writer My assignment is due tomorrow and I am running into a bit of a problem with printing. Page 3 of my review has text and a picture, but only the picture prints, the printer ignore the text. If I remove the picture, the text prints. I have tried setting pictures to black and white, incase for some reason it was having trouble switching between cartridges, but to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It was a bug in OOo and the printer driver, if you export to pdf and then print the pdf they both print (I guess you are running short of time) Or you can work your way round to fixing the bug as per https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=112313

Like this post  
PrimalWolfie

Likes # 0

Thankyou, converting it to pdf worked. I noticed that they were talking about a driver fix on that thread, but no mention of where to get it. I dont use windows update anymore, as the last time I did, it completely K.O.ed my computer, would it have been a fix i missed there or can i get it somewhere else?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Glad you were able to get it printed. I can't help with specific fix as it looks to depend on version of OOo and printer driver. It may be that latest versions (of both) and Uptodate Windows fixes the glitch.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015