We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internal speaker volume in HP Compaq computer.

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I have an HP Compaq D2400 , running Windows 7.Can anyone tell me if it's possible to alter the volume level of the internal speaker? I know how to turn it off completely, but unfortunately that turns off my two external speakers completely. Also, I have an icon on my marked "Roaming", can anyone tell me what that is please?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thumbscrew: I've never heard of being able to change the volume on the internal speaker. Can I ask - why do you want to? And - "on my" - what? :-)

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you mean the built in stereo speakers, surely they turn off when you plug in the external ones to the headphone socket?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hello Ian, sorry got distracted when typing...should have been "On my desktop". Regarding the speaker, I have two external speakers-my main ones-connected. The internal speaker has...or is stuck on, a very low volume. I have to leave it on, if I turn it off completely my main ones turn off too.If I can find a way to alter the volume,then I can lower it or even turn it right up and use it as my main, rather than the aforementioned current two.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hi onthelimit, it's a single built in speaker and the external ones aren't connected to the headphone socket but plugged into a USB at the rear.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Interesting. I'd always believed that the internal speaker in a PC was only for 'system sounds' and that you couldn't actually use it for any other purpose. Sorry, I can't help - and I can't help on the roaming question either... :-(

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

Control Panel/Sound/Playback/Properties, highlight Speakers and Headphones, then you can fiddle with the options.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more