We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Home Hub3 limited connectivity

bremner

Likes # 0

I have had the BT HH3 for more than six months. For no obvious reason the device suddenly dropped wireless connection to some of my devices; HP wireless Printer sat right next to it, an Android Samsung S2 phone and a Toshiba Vista laptop. All of these devives had connected with no problem since the router was first installed.

IPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Apple TV, PS3 and HP desktop no problem.

The laptop continuously reported "limited connectivity" whist he other two simply could not connect.

I tried every fix I could find on the net without success. I contacted BT and they reluctantly sent a new router.

Guess what same problem with the three devices.

Nothing has changed in respect of anything interfering with the signal. Any suggestion please.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Same SSID as before?

Have your tried changing router channel?

Tried deleting from problem devices any memory of previous connection and trying to connect from new?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try changing the Wireless channel in your Home Hub settings - It may be set to "Automatic" - this is what BT suggest in your settings info.

If you're still experiencing problems, change the channel setting from 'Automatic' to a new specific channel and as a guide we recommend selecting channel 1, 6 or 11, then click 'Apply'. (Again, you'll need to wait approximately two minutes for your Hub to pick the new channel.)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you tried simply resetting the HomeHub? Just disconnect or turn off Power then wait 30 seconds and re-connect power - then wait until all blue lights are steady again.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

bremner , can you actually log in to the router? I couldn't with my sis in law's BT hub and using the proper name and password.

BT no help.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies.

I have changed both routers from auto to manual channel - no difference.

The SSID for each router is different ( the default).

Yes I can log into the router from the wireless devices hgat connect successfully or a wired desktop.

All previous connections deleted from the devices - no change.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I have changed both routers, thought we were only talking about the Hub only?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

rdave13

Routers = BT Home Hub3 - I have the original and the replacement and have tried changing channels on both.

One thing I d not mention, I have a Linksys traveller router and if I connect that to to an ethernet port on the BT Home Hub 3 everything connects fine to the Linksys wirelessly.

The problem is clearly with the wireless on the HH3 but neither I nor BT can work out what it is.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Long shot - is it a dual band problem?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I don't think the HH3 is dual band it is only 2.4Ghz

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Like this post