We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Audio problem after new motherboard installation

xania
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just swapped out my old ASUS M3A78-CM for a new Gigabyte GA-970A-D3. And being a lazy B. have tried to get my old Windows 7 installation working rather than do a clean re-install. And it all works fine with a Radeon HD 6450 new graphics card giving a much clearer picture than previous. BUT... can I get the audio to work. I have uninstalled the Asus version and installed the GB version but it simply does not want to know. I do recall from many years ago that Audio can be awkward with interrupt conflicts, and I can hear a definite click through the earphones as Windows loads, but is there something else I need to delete from ASUS? I have tried both my back and front connectors and both display the same symptoms. Of course, can't even check microphone at this stage

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Uninstall all audio drivers

Device manager - view - show hidden devices and uninstall all hidden devices as well

then run the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

Reboot

then reinstall the audio drivers for the GB board.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try this driver, http://www.guru3d.com/newsstory/realtekhdaudio270audiodriverdownload.html

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

I did exactly as you suggested and - lo and behold the audio sprung to live BEFORE I COULD RELAOD THE DRIVERS.

Cracking.

rdave13

Thanks for your contribution, but turns out not to be necessary - at present.

Have a good Bank Holiday

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Glad you're sorteed. Defaulted to Windows generic drivers I think. If you don't have stereo mix available for recording (if needed) then have another look at the link I gave.

"Good Bank holiday"... painting and decorating the house.. :(

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Yes - nearly finished the bathroom now - just got to get a new roller blind then I can get back to my model railway.

Have a good one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made