We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

replacing BT HH3 rouer and also modem

pookie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good evening,

Windows 7, BT Infinity 2, HH3, BT modem and using homeplugs to main pc but also wireless for phones etc.

I get about 30Mb down and 4Mb up with IP Profile 31 if that helps.

Rather than having a HH3 and also a modem can I get a modem router in one device that is compatible with BT Infinity 2 or must I use their products on their line for some reason. The HH3 has been playing up recently and have read reports that it's not that good and throwing out wireless signal. Kids laptops signals drop quite often. I don't want to get wifi range extenders.

If I can use a modem router in one can you recommend any. Ideally less than £100.

Thanks

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

I've seen this for £79: TP-LINK N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router

Would that work with Infinity 2?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Then this here conflicts with the above enter link description here

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

Thank you. Looking on various forums as even on BT website some posts say you can and some say not so I'm none the wiser

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmm. I posted an answer, but it hasn't appeared! Looks to me as though you must use the provided modem, but can connect a 3rd party router to that.

Like this post  
pookie

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 - yes, you are right. Thanks

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

You've been mis-informed. The Draytek Vigor 2850 series works on BT Infinity as it incorporates a VDSL Modem. Meaning you can get rid of the OpenReach oone.

VDSL BT Infinity Setup

However its not going to be under £100 as you can wok out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses