We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A question for anyone who uses Incredimail

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7

Hi

I've used the free version of Incredimail from as far back as I can remember. The version I have at present is 2.5.

Something happened yesterday, that has happened before. When I opened Incredimail there was nothing there. There should have been nearly 4000 files. Made up of sent emails, received emails, saved emails, links to websites, saved information, passwords, receipts etc etc. But it was empty, last time this happened I just moved the mouse pointer across it and everything appeared, as if like magic. This time still nothing, so I switched it off and on again, still nothing. I rebooted my PC nothing, everything else is normal.

But I wasn't too worried because every now and then I do a of its contents. As luck would have it I'd done one only a couple of days ago. I clicked on 'Import Data' and unusually it asked me to tell it where the data cabs were? I did and it started to go through the motions, told me I hadn't lost anything, everything had gone fine and when I restarted Incredimail all my files would be there...but they weren't! I reinstalled IncMail and imported the data again but the result is the same.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what hss happened and why it isn't importing the data?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is a link here for transferring IC files to Outlook if you want to give it a go - enter link description here

I also wonder if it would be worth creating a NEW Identity in IC to see if that would get it working again as my opinion is that either the Data Cab files have become corrupted or your current Identity has.

Something for you to sleep on perhaps.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I guess as you're a paid member you could always tell them my story as though it were yours and see what they suggest? just a thought

It is not that simple or possible to do - you have to create a ZIP file and attach it to the email so they can see exactly what the problem is.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 - any further forward yet?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...