We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Yahoo E-Mail and btinternet.com

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have received an e-mail from BT regarding important changes to your BT email terms. To keep my BT email I must log on at least once every 150 days at bt.yahoo.com. I am with BT my email address ends btinternet.com and I use it every day via Windows Live Mail.

Can anyone please explain where on earth bt.yahoo.com comes into the equation. They are telling me that if I dont log on before 17th June at bt.yahoo.com they will cancel my e-mail account.

I have tried navigating BTs web site to find the answer and its a nightmare in there.

Please help clarify this matter.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Don't Panic - just take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Northumbria61. However that is all about BTYahoo email. I don't use BTYahoo email. I have btinternet.com e-mail address which is set up to open send and receive via Windows Live Mail. I don't want anything to do with BTYahoo email.

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Sadly you have everything to do with BT Yahoo! It is part of the BT e-mail system. However you do not need to use BT Yahoo.

BT Yahoo is the web access to your e-mail account. If you were away from your PC and wanted to check your e-mails you could go online, go to the BT Yahoo sign in page, type in your btinternet.com e-mail address and password and you will connect directly to the server where you could access your e-mails, send, reply and delete as needed.

I would suggest you try logging in once - NOT by following any links in the e-mail - but search in Internet explorer for BT Yahoo.

You don't mention if BT is your internet service provider. If you do not use BT as your isp, your btinternet e-mail is referred to as a PAYG address and will need to be used to keep it live.

PLease be careful of following any links in e-mails from BT Yahoo, there are a couple of scam e-mails circulating that upset your e-mail, I have just sorted a couple of these issues.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Many thanks for responding Jollyjohn. Your explanation puts everything into context and I am grateful. BT is my ISP. Its handy to know about accessing Yahoo when we are away and using mobile broadband.

Again thank you for the information you provided.

Like this post  
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have 3 relevant addresses: btopenworld.com, btinternet.com and yahoo.co.uk.

I use the first and the last regularly, but not the btinternet.com one, but it is the address that my ISP is connected too.

I am now more confused than ever.

Where do you think I stand?

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

The 3 addresses are all the same account. The btinternet.com is the master address. If you go to BT Yahoo you would use that one to log in should you need to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room