We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics card problem on new build

ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

I have purchased a XFX 7950 DD to go with my new MSI 760GM-P21. I have a 750W psu to go with it too. 2GB RAM, AMD Triple Core Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz Installed windows 7.

Bios has changed itself to PCI-Express for main graphics output. The only problem is, nothing else detects the card, the drivers wont install until they see the card and nothing comes up as needing a driver. I have plugged in both 6 pin connectors to the graphics card. So i am now left with a £230 graphcs card that doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

My first suggestion would be to try the GPU in another PC which of course may be difficult. Or is it possible to try another GPU in the PC?

Where you using on-board graphics prior to your purchase of the 7950?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback