We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I watch BBC TV programmes more than 30 days after downloading using BBCiPlayer?

Nagpur

Likes # 0

I have downloaded various BBC TV programmes into "wmv" format using BBCiPlayer. 30 days after downloading it seems it is no longer possible to view them since Error message comes up on screen telling me this. Is there any way of modifying, with additional software if necessary, each wmv file so that I can continue to watch these programmes after 30 days?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You would be breaching their terms and conditions which states "If you download BBC Content available on BBC iPlayer, it will be automatically deleted from your device once the period of time, during which that particular BBC Content is available to you, has expired."

I don't think that you can legally modify them if at all.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Downloaded iPlayer files will become unwatchable 30 days from the date of download, and there's nothing you can do about that.

A good tip for extending that period slightly is to start watching the programme just before the 30 day limit; then the file will become viewable for an extra 7 days

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer