We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to stop Google adds above the Reply to this topic

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone any idea as how to remove them permenantly I am using Firefox 2.01

Or is it just me that is getting them.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Adblock is the one I use. Pick a download from here.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sorry should have added I am using Adblock Plus and peter lowe's list.

I have tried other lists but they move Firefox to the left of the screen.

Is there anything I can add to that list that will stop them.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

Thanks for the quick reply You posted before I could update my post.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have an anti-banner blocker with Kaspersky and I don't get those ads. There are anti-banner programs around but I have no idea how effective they are. I find that the anti-banner blocks most of the intrusive ads at the side and top of this site as well. I don't feel the need to use adblock, etc.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I had Admuncher till yesterday when it ran out so looks like it maybe something I will need to put up with.

Using a few different lists with adblocker plus moves Firefox to the left of the screen so have settled for one that doesn't but I get those google adds with it.

I usually use my W/8 computer and just tried that again and I get no adds on that using Firefox or I/E so just wondering if it is a W/7 thing or not.

Same adblocker and list on W/8 and no adds.

Obviously something I am doing wrong.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - I use just anti-banner not complete ad blocking and don't get any problems with off centre sites, etc using W7 and W8.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok I have had to use another adblock filter and firefox opens on the left of the screen but it gets rid of the ad's.

One is as bad as the other so will have to get used to Firefox on the left.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try disabling adblock for now. Download and install Do Not Track me using Firefox. See if that is any better.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok tried that rdave13 still getting the adds below this.

Ads by Google related to: How to stop Google adds above the Reply to this topic

I then get 3 ad's underneath it.

It was worth a try and I will keep that on for a while until I get a fix.Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Lets try this to see if it works.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Buteman/Capture.png

That's the adds that I get and can be a bit of a nuisance.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more