We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Missing Excel Guide Lines

osben

Likes # 0

Hi

I am using Excel 2003 on Windows 7

When I copy and past a number or whatever from one cell and move it to another cell, the cell that did have the number in does not have guide lines around it any longer. I mean the grey guide lines that show on screen not borders that I can set up which then sho Black on screen.

Any hel would be appreciated to this annoying problem.

Regards

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Apologies if it's a daft question, but how exactly are you copying/pasting? You aren't somehow cutting/pasting instead?

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Sorry, just re-read your post. Mine now makes no sense.

Like this post
osben

Likes # 0

Hi Picklefactory

Thanks for your reply

No it's not a daft question.

No idea why I typed "copy and paste" - should have typed "Cut and Paste" which I do using the commands with the right mouse button.

Regards

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Excel 2003, doesn't happen in mine, on white background the grey grid lines are still there. Only the cells that have been filled with a colour do not show the grey grid lines round them and when I 'cut and paste' a coloured cell the original goes back to white with grey grid lines round it.

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Same here. I can't duplicate the issue with Excel 2007

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

With Office 2007 the only way I can replicate it is if grid lines are turned off and outside borders are on for all cells.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

osben, I have tried to replicate your problem with out success. I am wondering if you have a macro running that would cause this to happen?

Like this post
osben

Likes # 0

Hi Guys Thanks for your input. recap - I will check this at the weekend but I doubt it. Woolwell - No it's not that.

I am wondering if it could be a bug in the programme itself which can't be rectified with an Office repair. Perhaps the only way of sorting it is to do a complete re-install which I really don't want to have to do.

Regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014