We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Xp won't write to Tuffdisc DVD+R

Nagpur
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have tried to write files from my computer to a Tuffdisc Grade A+ DVD+R 16X 4.7GB but computer says no, can't do it. My operating system is WindowsXP. What additional software might I need, preferably free to download, to be able to write files to my Tuffdiscs?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Xp will not write to any type of DVD it can only write to CD.

Have you tried writing to DVD before?

http://www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software

Like this post  
Nagpur

Likes # 0

Thanks to Fruit Bat /\0/\ . I visited website www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software through which I found and downloaded software called "BurnAware Free". Using this I have just copied, i.e. burnt, a 2GB "wmv" file onto a 4.7GB TuffDisc DVD - the three hour BBC programme of Mrs T's Funeral actually which I had downloaded previously to my computer using BBCiPlayer. BurnAware Free works a treat and I have already checked that the DVD plays back on my computer, using Windows Media Player software of course. No, I hadn't tried writing to DVD before. Thanks Fruit Bat.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features