We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics card suddenly slow performance in games

metric man

Likes # 0

I have a dell inspiron N4110 laptop with switch-able graphics cards (intel HD 3000 and radeon HD 6470m). I used to use the radeon HD 6470 graphics card for gaming, but recently I've gotten a huge drop in performance when using it, in which games like minecraft I used to get 60fps solid and now it's around 20fps. I've updated my drivers over 10 times already (for some reason driver update from official site never works) but still this problem persists. Could it be a problem with hardware?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

When was the laptop last cleaned from dust, etc?

Like this post
metric man

Likes # 0

I've never cleaned the dust out I think. Also the laptop is about 1 year old.

Like this post
Dell-Harish

Likes # 0

Hi Metric man ,

Is the issue only noticed on Minecraft, If yes- Few issues noticed after the previous update ( fps drop due to new texture system while looking at horses ),Update: 13w18c has been released to resolve the problem . If no- Uninstall the video drivers, update the BIOS version to A12 & then update the video drivers.

Regards,

Dell-Harish K

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites