We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

inbuilt webcam not working on laptop

chrissyg

Likes # 0

I have namuga inbuilt webcam on samsung laptop. A few weeks ago i got a scam virus and took laptop to be sorted. Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 was put on as said it was better than the Vista home premium i was on before. I tested webcam on skype and works ok but otherwise nothing happens when i click on the shortcut..Device manager says it is working correctly and driver up to date....Is there any way to get it to without going onto social sites...sometimes just want to take a pic...Thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Probably worth going to the Samsung site, and installing the latest webcam driver. have a look here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

p.s. There may be other Samsung software - I had a problem with a netbook that needed their Launch Manager to work - check that as well.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Look In Windows Explorer for the Web Cam Software, Look for the EXE file and double click it to see if it loaded the Cam if not look for another EXE in the Software, it should be in the main Program folder not Sub Folder. If you find it, right click it then copy then right click desktop choose shortcut

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS then Delete old shortcut after trying the new one works

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...