We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitor display problem during screen scrolling

silverfox2

Likes # 0

When the character in a game is moving and then from side to side, there appears a line across the screen about a third of the way up and the area below this lags behind the upper part by about a millimetre.The same thing happens with Google earth when dragging the image from side to side. I've tried reducing the resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended) to no effect but I did notice that reducing the refresh rate(max 60Hz) on the monitor made it worse in that the upper third also had this effect.Does that point to the monitor? My PC is also connected to an LCD TV but the line does not appear on that. I've also checked the graphics card driver is up to date- I installed a new card (Radeon HD7850)in February but don't remember if this problem occurred straightaway. Any suggestions ?

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Why did you put a new graphics card in.

Have you tried putting the old card back assuming your latest card was an upgrade and the old one wasn't damaged.

You could try a different lead and make sure they are pushed in fully.

Like this post
silverfox2

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. I upgraded for a better FPS gaming experience and sold the old card. Checked the lead - OK. Any other suggestions anyone?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If your TV does not show a similar problem then it may well be a monitor issue. Is it possible to try another one?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added