We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help for first time builder

KINO4CITY88

Likes # 0

I am looking to build my own pc from scratch but I don't know what matches up with what, I understand the basics of what RAM / motherboard etc are.

I am setting myself a budget of £500 - £750. I am want this to be a gaming machine and to be able to play on MAX settings on a majority of games, I also have an external hdd and have already maxed out its capabilities (1tb of music and films) I would like:-

• at least 8gb ram
  • have the ability of overclock my processor (at least 3 ghz)
  • liquid cooling system
  • an SSD (windows & apps) and a HDD (games & storage)= total 1tb or maybe 2tb

Any suggestions of parts, online guides etc. would be great thanks

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 1

What Fast Whuis says about Britz Mall,

Domain name: britzmall.co.uk

Registrant:
    Tas Ali

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    xyz Street
    Rawal
    Punj
    Pakistan

Found this also Click here

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

That's better, pity about the graphics card, but still not a bad card and your build gives you great opportunity to upgrade later with a better GPU as money comes available.

This will give you a good gaming PC with excellent performance.

By the way I do not think I would buy from Britz mall.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Intel Core i5 3470S 2.90GHz Socket 1155 6MB L3 £151.98

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £70.70

Gainward GTX 660 Golden Sample 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card + Metro Last Light game coupon £159.00 Nvidia Metro Last Light Game Coupon

Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Tactical Memory Kit CL8 (8-8-8-24) 1.5V £52.78

Corsair 600W CXM Builder Modular 80 Plus Bronze PSU 3 Year Warranty £69.50

Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive Black £13.90

Corsair Carbide 300R Case £61.98

SANDISK ULTRA PLUS SSD 128GB £77.99

Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM £70.18

Cart total inc vat: £728.01 Plus delivery but if you choose 5 days then it is free. I did not know whether to include an operating system or not, obviously if you do need to include one the above will need to be adjusted to cover the cost which is around £75 quid.

Like this post
KINO4CITY88

Likes # 0

Cheers Chronos, I assume these prices are all from ebuyer? Yeah I already have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on disc, so don't need a O/S purchasing...

going off your suggestions:- I have put together this for £717.85

case: Corsair Carbide 300R - £55.44 (imperialprice.com)

PSU: Corsair 600W CXM - £69.50 (ebuyer.com)

SSD(Windows): 128Gb Sandisk Ultra Plus - £76.92 (ebay.co.uk) HDD(storage): 2Tb Seagate Barracuda Int. HDD - £70.18 (ebuyer.com)

CPU: Intel i5-3570K Quad x 3.4ghz IvyBridge - £163.33 (britzmail.co.uk)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H - £70.70 (ebuyer.com)

GPU: Gainward GTX 660 2Gb - £159.00 (ebuyer.com)

RAM: Crucial 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz - £52.78 (ebuyer.com)

Do I need anything else to build the machine and would anyone reccomend anything different??

Again I wouldn't want to spend anymore than £750 on the build...

Thanks again, Chris

Like this post
KINO4CITY88

Likes # 0

Link to custom build... any suggestions welcome

I want this to run smoothly and not overheat!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ck4/saved/1wJe

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Yes sorry they parts were from Ebuyer as I tend to use only firms that have a good returns policy if things go wrong.

Can you link to britzmail.co.uk as I have never heard of it neither can I find it?

In your second link, I am not keen on the RAM as I do not like value RAM of any make.

If you are gaming online then an Ethernet connection is far better than wireless so no need of a wireless card.

You have dropped your card spec I see.

I prefer this type of cooler. Corsair H60.

Like this post
KINO4CITY88

Likes # 0

sorry yeah it was britzmall.com http://www.britzmall.co.uk/Computers/intel-3rd-generation-core-i5-3570k-cpu-4-x-3-40ghz-ivy-bridge-socket-1155-6mb-l3-cache-intel-turbo-boost-technology-2-0?language=en&currency=GBP

I can't use an ethernet cable as my internet hub is downstairs and my pc will be upstairs, so need the wifi

I have made the changes recommended... What do you think of this one then...

The only thing is I don't know what to expect, performance wise??

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ck4/saved/1wJF

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?