We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transferring photos to ipad

Bike-it

Likes # 0

I am using windows 7 on my PC and i have transferred some photos to my ipad 2 using itunes, but when i try and transfer more photos to the ipad they overwrite the photos already on the ipad, anyone offer any help on how i can transfer more photos over without overwriting.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to make sure that all of the folders containing the photos that you want transferred are always selected. Do not untick the folder that contains the photos already transferred as this how you delete them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Similarly do not untick individual photos.

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

when i try and transfer photos using itunes it will not let me choose all folders? is there any other way of putting photos onto an ipad?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are your photo folders in My Pictures on your PC?

Opening iTunes with the iPad connected then you should see under Photos: Sync photos from which then gives you a choice of a specific folder or My Pictures. If you select My Picture then you can choose all folders or select individual folders.

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

When i transfer the photos onto the ipad it removes another folder from the ipad.

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

Now sorted. I was choosing the specific folder instead of My pictures within in the ipad, then clicking on the folder i wanted to transfer. Thanks for your help woolwell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...