We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Access database converted from 2007 to 2010 and want to edit in 2013

Mrs Bear

Likes # 0

We have recently had our database updated and the developer used Access 2010 - we now want to edit ourselves but we now have Access 2013 - when we open the changed database we can see all the ribbon so can edite or create reports etc.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you mean cannot edit? You need to be aware that Access is quite poor ate being backward compatible eg something in 2013 may not work in 2010 version.

Like this post
Mrs Bear

Likes # 0

Hello Yes I can edit certain parts but I am unable to see various parts of the ribbon i.e. 'create' and 'database tools' 'external databse'. I can only view 'home' and 'file' on the ribbon.

It is as if when the database was changed from 2007 to 2010 it had a lock put on or something to stop anyone editing.

The whole ribbon flashes up and then the 'create' portions etc disappear.

I thought about backward compatibility but it only seems to happen on this databse. I have other that work fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today