We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to give administrator permission

gfergie

Likes # 0

I am running windows 8 and I am trying to delete a file but it says that I must obtain administrator permission.How do I do this? the account details state that I am the administrator.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

To give complete permission to yourself, right-click the file or folder and select Properties. Now go to Security tab, and hit the Edit button.

Then select your username(account) and check the Full Control checkbox. When done, hit OK. Note that when you will check the Full Control checkbox, all others will be automatically checked too.

Like this post
gfergie

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat Got to the security page but there is no edit button!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

you might consider enabling the built-in Administrator account, and sign in to it when you want full access to everything.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance