We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

microsoft outlook running slow or not connecting

jackwalsh

Likes # 0

Hi, I have been using hotmail for years now with very few problems.Since having to change to Outlook,with no choice in the matter,I am becoming increasingly frustrated with how Outlook is running/operates.For one,the actual layout,including hard to see highlighting,is poor.Also it runs slow,even when I'm not doing anything else,and quite a lot of the time is 'unable to connect to Outlook at this time',even though all other websites/programmes etc work fine. Anyone else having these problems and ,if so,are they just teething troubles? Any advice given is most appreciated.Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which browser are you using to view Outlook.com?

Are your download speeds good?

Like this post
jackwalsh

Likes # 0

Using IE8,can't upgrade to higher as I'm still on Windows XP Home.Most likely going to upgrade my PC in the new year.Download speeds fine.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you'll have to wait for an Outlook.com user to comment.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Woolwell: You make a very good point ~ 'Outlook.com' not 'Outlook'

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

jackwalsh I am finding the same problems as yourself, since the change from Hotmail to Outlook.com.

Like this post
DavidStanely

Likes # 0

When Outlook is running much slower than normal, try running Outlook in cached mode.

If problem still exists then you need to optimize your PC and also optimize internet to fix this issue. If problem still exists then use system utility tool like PCFresher, it will not only optimize PC but will also optimize internet to it's peak performance.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Cached mode is irrelevant in this case as we are referring to Outlook.com and webmail not Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.

The post about PCFresher looks suspiciously like spam.

Like this post
DavidStanely

Likes # 0

To fix outlook running slow problem you need to optimize your browser and internet. Try these troubleshooting steps:

Update your browser

Update drivers that control your PC

Remove unwanted tool-bars

Remove unnecessary Add-ons

Stop unwanted background running services and programs

Update Flash Player

Update Java

Restart Router

Like this post
ackerleyhill

Likes # 0

Yes, you are right and during searching answer of this query i came across this link: http://www.bubblews.com/news/440677-outlook-file-recovery-application-website-recently-underwent-redesigning

It might be helpful for you so visit here..

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

I have exactly the same problem. I use Chrome, IE8 and CoolNova and Firefox in xp. It is slow to respond and freezes. It's utterly useless. I also have the same problem using Vista and IE9. I've complained and asked if it's possible to revert to Hotmail but to no avail.

But I suppose you have to put up with these things if we use free emailing.

Even my Yahoo account was hacked into for the purpose of spamming, from a mobile in Egypt on Saturday.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added