We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing contents of folder alphabetically

Glen

Likes # 0

In the Daily Telegraph an expert gives a tip for printing the contents of a folder, by opening Windows Explorer, and then drag & drop the folder icon onto the Firefox icon. It then opens and you print it from Firefox's File menu. However I cannot do this on my Vista PC. Have tried dragging to the Title bar icon, the Quick Launch icon and to a desktop shortcut icon. What am I doing wrong? Glen

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

You just need to drag it to the middle of the 'blank' FF page. I too spent ages trying to fund which icon to use!

Like this post
Glen

Likes # 0

Thanks exdragon. It works a treat. I dragged icon into the middle of the Firefox start-up page, even though it was set to Google. Just dumped the icon in a blank area. A friend of mine has long wanted to do this. Glen

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

You'd never just guess how to do it, would you? Good old DT. So easy when you know how, isn't it!.

This is one of the very few questions I've been able to answer in 10 years, so thanks!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features