We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with PCI Sound Card problem

O-NO

Likes # 0

Since updating my PCIe graphic card (ASUS GTX690) my PCI sound card (ASUS Xonar D1) has stopped working.

Sound card works OK in another PC.

I've tried another PCI sound card and that also fails in both PCI slots I have on my motherboard (ASUS P8Z77).

Each time I try to install that previously worked I'm prompted to fit the sound card that is already fitted.

Not sure if it's has anything to do with it or if it even should be there but I don't have PCI Bridge - 244E showing up in Device Manager under System Devices.

It's as though my PCI expansion slots aren't working

PC Spec; i7-3770K Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V Graphic Card GTX690 Windows 7 64-bit 16GB RAM

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you tried rolling back the driver to see if the PCI card works again?

Like this post
O-NO

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\

I couldn't find the option to roll back driver as nothing showing in Device Manager.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes