We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web site to make recordings downloadable

johnincrete

Likes # 0

I record church meetings on a Sony Digital recorder and transfer the recording to the PC for editing. Currently, I then burn the recording to CD's for distribution free of charge. What advice can anyone offer for the creation of a website onto which I could upload the recordings so that anyone interested could either listen on-line or download it. Apart from a home page saying what the site is about, all I would have is the recordings pages. Currently, the recordings fall into two categories being the churches where the recordings are made but I envisage several more in the future. The essential features are fastest possible uploading and downloading of meetings that last between 1 and two hours. It would be nice if I could make it possible for authorised people to upload onto their assigned page. Am I looking at passwords?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Am I looking at passwords?"

Yes, and if your recordings include any music that's still in copyright you are also looking at copyright licenses. That applies to CDs for distribution or website downloads.

Making recordings available via a website isn't difficult, but if they are of any length, and the number of downloads more than a few the bandwidth issues can be considerable. Your deal with your web-host may mean that you could end up with some hefty bandwidth charges, so check that first.

If you decide to go ahead come back to your thread for specific advice on the technicalities involved.

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks. I had not thought about bandwidth. Will check

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015