We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scanning Problem with HP C4485

terrym

Likes # 0

When scanning to pc from the All-In-One printer scanner copier machine it throws up an error message 'try scan from computer or see documentation'. The HP Photosmart Essential interface has nothing on how to scan only printing and the handbook is useless only detailing how to scan from scanner. I don't use the machine much to scan mostly for printing which is fine but I think it may be time to ditch it and get better and a more user friendly kit. Any ideas on how I can get this animal to scan from the pc, do I need to update drivers etc? All advice would be welcome. Thank in advance

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Downloading the Manual might help enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR - from your Start menu go to Devices & Printers and OPEN from there. You should get an option to scan if your software is loaded correctly.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Terry m

what os are you using? I have a hp allin one 4280 and had this problem where the scanning or copying app wouldnt work from the desktop reliably enough so i had to use the manual buttons on the printer,i had 32bit windows vista

After upgrading to windows 7,i downloaded the software and driver pack from the hp site and its worked perfect since,there was also an additional update for the scanner

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad