We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Nvidia graphics adapter update advice, please

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon, Everyone

I am in need of some advice. Most of you will not remember that sometime ago I had a bit of a torrid time with an NVIDIA update. Well I have been having some problems lately and hadn’t bothered doing a Windows update for over three weeks, until this morning. There were some 10 ‘Important’ updates, and I installed 9 of them. The 10th was listed as ‘nVidia – Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Other hardware – NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 227.3 MB’. There is one small and one large problem I have with this update. The small one is more a puzzle than a problem!! Does anyone know why Microsoft are including nVidia updates within their own updates? I do not ever recall seeing this before! Probably more of a memory problem of mine than anything else, but still disconcerting!

The big problem I have is I do not know whether this ‘update’ is worth it! As I said I had ‘problems’ with a previous Nvidia update and I have no wish to repeat that experience. So what I would really like to know is whether this update is worth taking on, and what does it do? My computer states that my current driver version is ‘270.61’, but it is noticeable that there is NOT a driver version number within this upgrade and this is really confusing me. So if someone were able to tell an ignorant pensioner like me what this does, and whether as a result it is worth installing it I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'So many thanks to everyone who has posted, but I think I will leave things just as they are displayed at present!

Good decision!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...