We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spam Emails from "Adriana"

RegScriv

Likes # 0

I get almost daily spam emails from someone purporting to be "Adriana". Is would appear this is a well known spam source. It's been going on for months and I've tried unsuccessfully all methods I can find to block them. The mailing address continually rotates a string of spurious letters, so each one gets passed the previous block. There must be a way of stopping these. Please, can anyone help.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

first and foremost never reply as it shows your email account is active unfortunatlly if they change the string each time their is not a lot you can do unless your email account can block specific words others may be able to help you on this

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Adriana wont leave me alone-she's been mailing you too? Hmmm... !! I am pretty sure much of the spam emails I now get are related to the yahoo groups I used to use aeons ago, but its impossible to tell where it (or 'adriana') got my account info from. If you start getting far too many (I have one account with 10+ spam messages per day), aside from auto blocking the emails to a spam folder, there is only one solution, and that is to finally start a new email address. again!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

You need a half decent spam filter.

I don't just hear from Ariana almost daily, but two or three times a day. However they are automatically routed to my spam folder and deleted automatically.

The same happens with my regular e-mails from Jennifer Aliston, and my invitations to view Reese Witherspoon's bedroom webcam!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

view Reese Witherspoon's bedroom webcam!

Am I doing something wrong? I don't get any spam like that ;0(

In fact I don't get any spam at all

My Orange (EE) account filters it all and my gmail account is monitored by using spamhiator.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I have just the opposite problem. The online spam filter on Virgin Mail stops lots of things that I wish it wouldn't. It seems to be somewhat random in its choices and will let things through from particular senders sometimes and sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be any way to modify its actions.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Having once missed an important message because it was identified as Spam, I no longer rely on my Spam Filter.

However it is a matter of moments to click everything I immediately identify and send it to the Spam Folder. A few seconds more, for a second check, and I am left with those I wish to read.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its a case that you win some or lose some, and that mostly depends on the spam filter (if any) are in operation.

I use to have and use Mailwasher and K9 as my line of defence, but now I use the ISP's own devices which seem to work fairly well. In my case it would just be a simple action of putting 'Adriana' in the spam box, then clicking on a response information and future rejection button. Job done!.

Like this post
RegScriv

Likes # 0

OK. Thanks guys. Maybe l'll look at Mailwasher

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"view Reese Witherspoon's bedroom webcam!

Am I doing something wrong? I don't get any spam like that ;0("

Horses for courses. old boy.

Nigerian financiers target those who have plenty of money, Reese Witherspoon targets those with ...........!

Like this post
MissAnon

Likes # 0

I get these everyday and sometimes on multiple email accounts which has freaked me out. How is this possible? I mean I use these email addresses for completely different things. I'm worried they're spying on me or something. :-/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features