We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacing New MotherBoard

jayatissa

Likes # 0

I had to replace my old MB as it does not give out its VGA. I bought a new MB ESONIC G31 and fixed HD which carries the OS. It is a SATA conection. But the MB could not recognize the HD. When I fixed the IDE HD(as slave)MB could reecognize it and ils are showsn in the screen. It did not boot with the SATA HD. (The data in HD are accessible when the HD is fixed to another computer and therefore we are sure that HD is working) My computer is P4 one and earlier it was with an Intel Board. I had replace it due to above given reason and bought this ESONIC board.

When tried to bood with a OS CD it tries to install the OS. But it can not identify the HD.

Advice of an Expert is sought to get this issue resolved.

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Ensure SATA controller is switched on - enter SETUP / BIOS and check settings. As it is a new MB there should be a manual with it, read it for guidance in ensuring SATA is on.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Probably nee to select ACHI setting in the BIOS for your drives

When tried to bood with a OS CD it tries to install the OS. But it can not identify the HD.

XP?

XP CD will not see a SATA drive with out making a slipsfream disc with XP and the SATA drivers on the same disk Slipstream XP

Like this post
jayatissa

Likes # 0

Thank you very much. I will try this and let you know the results. Best Wishes for all.

Like this post
jayatissa

Likes # 0

The problem still exists. Even when we tried with changing some BIOS settings it does not identify the HD. Could you please some one tell us the exact way of changing the settings to accept the SATA Hard Disck. When we go to BIOS setup there is no place showing the SATA out put. All shows IDE. BestRegards

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Did you create the slipstream disc? This is what you will need to install XP onto the SATA drive.

Since you will need to reinstall XP to suit your new motherboard, why not install it to the IDE drive and use the SATA drive for data?

Like this post
jayatissa

Likes # 0

IDE Hdrive is not working properly and I need to reinstall a new OS with a new HD. That does not mean I need to install XP. My problem is new MB is not recognizing the new HD. Because the new HD is SATA. I think its a matter of configuring the MB. Still I could not find the proper way to do it. There are two SATA connections in physically in the MB. But BIOS does not show it. I hope ESONIC is not a good brand to buy. I did not face this type of difficulties when handling INTEL Mboards. There is not technical support page to complain and ask for the remedy. Since I have already purchased the MB, I have no alternative than finding a soution to this. I will not recommed any body to go for ESONIC in future.

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 0

Did you create the slipstream disc?

Having read the specifications of your new motherboard I would not try to install anything other than Windows XP.

There is a contact link on this page - click here - try it.

If you still have your old motherboard you could add a graphics card to replace the onboard graphics.

Like this post
jayatissa

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for sending the contact details. I forwarded my issue to them and waiting for their response. Rgds.

Like this post
jayatissa

Likes # 0

Thank you for everybody who contributed. The fault is in the SATA cable and when we replace the SATA cable it resolved the problem. Now computer is working properly. Best Regards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room