We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BSOD error code stop error 5c

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi all i have a Packard Bell easy note TS11HR. i seem to be encountering a BSOD every time i boot but this doesn't appear i just get a log pop up as i boot up and my desktop shows

as i boot up it doesn't boot so i have to power off and switch the machine back on again and then receive the log

i have encountered problems with my network as i keep getting limited access and cant do anything as it happens literally every 2 mins

could this be the cause?

im running
windows 7 64 bit SP1

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

STOP 0x0000005C or HALINITIALIZATIONFAILED ?

Usually down to bad connection to the motherboard - the 24 pin plug from PSU to motherboard.

Could come as you seem to be powering off before it boots

Next time you start tap the F8 button and select Startup repair from the menu.

If it finds nothing or doesn't boot the time after then keep doing start up repair (up to 5 times) as it can take several attempts to find and correct the problem.

None of this will have anything to do with your internet connection problem.

As far as connection problem is concerned are we talkingabout a wired or wireless signal problem?

If wireless then change the channel in the router as neighbours signals can affect it

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

It's only my laptop that's doing this no other device connected to the hub is disconnecting I'm using wireless but doesn't connect either with a wired Conection

I have to power off because the pc does boot it will snow the logo and then black screen and when I power off it will then boot when I get in my desktop i get the log

I spoke to my tutor earlyer about this he said I may need a motherboard replacement as the I get grated network chip may have died

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

I've ran start up repair 5 times like you said to its wanted to restore my laptop

Is there anything else I can try?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Make and model of laptop?

go into device manager look for Exclamation marks against the Network adaptors

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

There's no yellow explanation marks in there that's the first thing I checked its a Packard bell easy note ts11hr

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Uninstall and reinstall the network adaptor drivers

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

good idea should of thought about that can i get them from the packard bell website

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger