We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

leave a copy on the server using the new Outlook.com

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

There does not seem to be a way of doing this. I am using Windows Live mail and can't do it from there and going direct into Outlook.Com there does not seem to be an option there either.

No problem doing it with Virginmedia just can't find a way of doing it with Outlook.com or live.co.uk

Anyone any ideas.I don't have office so it is not that Outlook.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Lotvic

It does work with your connections unfortunately I am still getting the inbox messages deleted in Windows Live Mail when I delete them in Mailwasher.

I know that there were problems with Outlook.com last week but not sure if that is the cause.

Methinks that you are right Woolwell a poor decision from Microsoft.

A good try JB but unfortunately the wrong one for me.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The problem appears to lie with the interface between Outlook.com, Mailwasher and WLM. Is Mailwasher deleting them from the webmail?

I gave up on these spam filter programs a while back as they caused more problems than they solved as far as I was concerned. I find that Outlook's (the program) junk mail filter works well and so does gmail's spam filter. When I had a Freeserve account I set up message rules at Orange webmail to automatically move certain addresses and some subjects direct to junk.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Yes looks like it is deleting it from the Webmail hence leave a copy on the server would have came in handy.

Now I found this on Outlook.com the other day.

Don't let another program delete messages from Outlook. (If your other program is set to "delete messages from the server," we'll simply move them to a special POP folder. They won't be deleted.) Do what my other program says — if it says to delete messages, then delete them.

I dotted them one at a time and when I delete the e-mail in mailwasher the mail gets moved from the inbox to POP. If I dot the bottom one it goes straight into the deleted items folder without showing.So I have to keep the top one dotted.

The only problem is they have a POP box if you go into Outlook.com but they don't have one in Windows Live mail so the mail gets deleted.

I tried deleting one of my e-mails providers and downloaded it again but still no pop folder on it.

I think you are right it is causing to many problems and I will be better without it.

If I don't find a solution by the weekend that is what I will do.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014