We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can't open email links from MoneySavingExpert.com

conrail

Likes # 0

using vista home 64 bit, 4 Gb Ram, 1.5 Tb HD with incredimail, when I receive emails from MoneySavingExpert.com I find that I cannot open the links, for example on a recent email there was the following link: Do you need a TV licence? if I hover over the link I get '#tv' right clicking gives me 'Copy', 'Select All' and 'Encoding' which is set to 'Western European (ISO)' and 'Left to Right Editing' Have checked the incredimail settings, searched using chrome but still unable to find an answer. all help and advice on opening these link appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Your example ' hover over the link I get '#tv''

Actually in full that is 'mhtml:mid://00000000/#tv' and is not a link to a webpage, clicking on it just takes you further down the email to the paragraph/article and where the proper link to webpage is. Do I Need a TV Licence hover over my link to see the full webpage address.

Example: in the email if you click on 'back to top' (in full that is mhtml:mid://00000000/#top) it takes you back to the top of the email.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks lotvic but the link doesn't take me anywhere, nothing at all happens. again many thanks, I appreciate your help

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Does this link work? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

Are you having trouble with all links, even in webpages, not working?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is it just moneysavingexpert emails or all emails? I'm not familiar with Incredimail but is the email being received and opened in html format?

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

sorry about the delay guys and thanks lotvic and woolwell, it is just the links in moneysavingexpert emails, no other problems at all, I have contatced moneysavingexpert but they do not reply to individual queries, maybe I should look for another email client? I got rid on live mail because it refused to send 2 or more photos, Jpgs,

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try adding the Money Saving Expert e-mail address to your Incredimail address book.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks