We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot " Download this Video" and System Restore doesn't function.

camerauser

Likes # 0

I am an amateur photographer and like to download Tutorials from You Tube and other Websites. I went away for two weeks and when I returned home, this is my tale of woe. So I sincerely hope you guys and girls can help me. When I turned on my PC and tried to download a video, nothing happened. Normally when I roll the mouse over the video a "Download this Video" appears. When I tried to use System Restore to go back to an earlier time I was informed that it couldn't do so. I have tried chrome://plugins method but have been unsucessful. I have enabled this, disabled that and to be honest I think I have made the situation worse. What should be enabled and disabled on these pages? What I will appreciate is if someone could give me instructions which will resolve these problems, preferably in laymans terms!!!!!! My O.S. is Windows XP. Many thanks in anticipation of some good advice. Camerauser.

Like this post
Siberian Winter

Likes # 0

Is this the RealPlayer downloader? I had a similar problem in Google Chrome. The only way I can use it is to open the video in IE (9) which works OK. For Chrome I installed FVD video downloader, which works in most cases. Not Youtube though. I have to go to IE for that. Maybe worth a try.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It may be your security programs that are stopping system restore from workin.

Go into safe mode and see if it works ok on there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...